A Query in relation to Floppy Discs and Floppy Disc reader.

Nik-Ken-Bah

Reaction score
Credits
I was reminded about floppy discs when I read a post on back up (tar/gzip) as I still have a few with data that I would like to recover and put into more accessible data media eg USB sticks.
My question is this.
Are there any Floppy disc readers around that have USB connectors?

Should there be just give me a list of the better ones so I can work out whether they are here in Ukraine or not.
It will be very much appreciated.

postscriptum
Failing that! I do have an old 386 processor computer sitting under this desk that I am using at the moment.
The last time I used it, it worked. It has a floppy drive in it, ran on windows 95 from memory.
But I also think the HDD was beginning to break down as well. Well I can't blame it been going since about 1995 or thereabouts.
So I may have to see a friend at Kompyterra to have a look at it to get it up and running again as he as access to old parts I do not have.
Thanks Fellas.

selling them are NewEgg
Thanks for that as I do use "NewEgg" to obtain a rough price of what I am looking for in Grivner due to exchange rates.
so I will give them a squiz. I do prefer to use local suppliers that way I do not have that worry of deliveries. Also I can pay in cash not plastic.

You can either
1] get the old 386 out of care,
2] buy an external floppy to usb2 drive
3] buy a usb2 to PATA addaptor.
If you're not going to use the floppies much, then get your mate to get the snail crawling [386]

off-topic,
hope you are both keeping well and your heads down, and the boys are well

off-topic,
hope you are both keeping well and your heads down, and the boys are well
Thanks! We are well. The lads are doing well.
Thank you for the Storm Shadow as the lads are using them very effectively.

Now back back on topic.
Thanks for that info.
Yeah it looks like the 20th cent. is still with me as I will need to get the old 386 up and a running and see if I can get Win 7 loaded on it as I require effing Micro lergy to maintain my router. Which is funny as it is based on a Linux Kernel but they forgot to make a Linux based program so you don't require the need for Vindows to set it up and maintain it. :mad:

buy a usb2 to PATA addaptor.
Overlooked
What is a PATA adapter?.
The 386 has USB ports. I just checked. (see my other remark. )
I just want to get the Data off the discs more than anything.

Latest posts