Today's article is a very basic one...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I simply covered a basic command, that is the shutdown command. I also explained how to use it to reboot and to halt the system, as well as how to schedule it.

There's still more to the command, but those seem like things you're unlikely to use on a regular basis. Most folks are just going to use the command to shut the system down and maybe reboot the system.

Ah well...

dont get it but ok :D

so happy "ah well" or sad "ah well"? :D

It's an 'acceptance' 'ah well'.

If it's Linux and a basic activity, there will be 100 ways to do it.

If it's something ultra specific and unusual, you're relying on some old Git with questionable dependencies and a make file that needs to be edited before it works.

ah hehe. There are SO many variations xD

• init 0
  • systemctl shutdown (I think)
  • halt
  • INSTANT SHUTDOWN, DONT DO IT!!! echo o >/proc/sysrq-trigger xD

and so on. There are more I think

why ah well?
You forgot one...
giphy.gif

You forgot one...
giphy.gif

As a firearm collector, there's a whole lot wrong with that.

But, I get your point...

(It'd be like a .22 pump action that somehow throws flames. That there's a movie prop!)

(The American rednecks will understand everything wrong with the above statement.)

(It's a BB Gun with a fake flame/effects added to it.)

(It's time for me to sign off for the night. Or past time for me to sign off for the night.)

I just do it the normal way.
1714953455965.gif

I just do it the normal way. View attachment 19757

I suspect that there are technically far more server instances of Linux than there are desktop instances. That seems like a reasonable assumption.

So, the normal way would likely be in the terminal. ;)

(But, I get what you mean and that's just as good as a command prompt - unless you have no GUI to work with, of course.)

This way...
1714960507744.png

1714960548581.gif

Members online