SEO Expert Hired and Fired By Ashley Madison Turned on Company, Promising Revenge. July 13, 2023

Condobloke

Reaction score
Credits
It was around 9 p.m. on Sunday, July 19, when I received a message through the contact form on KrebsOnSecurity.com that the marital infidelity website AshleyMadison.com had been hacked. The message contained links to confidential Ashley Madison documents, and included a manifesto that said a hacker group calling itself the Impact Team was prepared to leak data on all 37 million users unless Ashley Madison and a sister property voluntarily closed down within 30 days.
The message included links to files containing highly sensitive information, including snippets of leaked user account data, maps of internal AshleyMadison company servers, employee network account information, company bank account data and salary information.

A master employee contact list was among the documents leaked that evening. Helpfully, it included the cell phone number for Noel Biderman, then the CEO of Ashley Madison parent firm Avid Life Media (ALM). To my everlasting surprise, Biderman answered on the first ring and acknowledged they’d been hacked without even waiting to be asked.

read on

Yikes! What a read that was :oops:

There's going to be a documentary about this particular hack.

I'm hopeful that you let us know when that gets published. Thanks!

I'm sure he'll share it when it does go live. I'll definitely be watching it, though I'm already a Brian Krebs fan.

I don't much care what it costs. I plan on watching it. The worst it'll cost is a month's subscription to a streaming service. I'm good with that.

Latest posts