Zim headers have turned into a gray that is hard to see

sofasurfer

Reaction score
Credits
My headers in Zim used to be readable but they have changed yo a barely readable gray. Where and how can I edit the colors?

My version is 0.74.3......yours ?

Look in help/FAQ ...?

The fact that it changed colour, is a question mark

If you have timeshift you can rule out any possibility of a linux type change by restoring to the day before.

Has anything else changed....the Settings manager in Linux deals with changes in themes...

The fact that it changed colour, is a question mark

If you have timeshift you can rule out any possibility of a linux type change by restoring to the day before.
I use back-in-time. I don't have backup far enough back to locate a change.
I am attempting to solve this at https://github.com/zim-desktop-wiki/zim-desktop-wiki/issues/480.
I edited /usr/share/zim/style.conf but that didn't work. Now I think I have to copy that file to ~/.config/zim/ but I am not sure.

I would read through, and possibility open a new issue, here...: https://github.com/zim-desktop-wiki/zim-desktop-wiki/issues

I would be interested to know, why the change took place.

Finding the answer to that will solve the problem, and prevent it happening again.

it could be a Zim 'thing'....or it could be a change in Linux itself.

HOLD THE BUS!!!
All you have to do is go to ~/.config/zim/style.conf and edit the color for the headers to want. Save the file. Then close your zim program and reopen it.
Hey, I learned something.

Last edited:
I would be interested to know, why the change took place.
In my /usr/share/zim/style.conf file the colors are #4e9a06. But in my ~/.config/zim/style.conf file the colors are #483d3d.
Apparently the /usr/share/zim/style.conf file has the default color and ~/.config/zim/ has a custom color. Somehow ~/.config/zim/ got edited...and I didn't do it. I wonder if I changed a theme and that caused it.
ANYWAY...~/.config/zim/style.conf is the one you edit.
Case closed. Thanks.

Last edited:

Staff online