Write-protected file with Extents attribute refuses to die (ubuntu)

I'll be doing this, but realise that it's beginning to look like going back to the beginning ...unless I can somehow reinstall Linux without losing Bitcoin Core.
You can back up the bitcoin installer by booting from live USB and then you can access file system of installed Linux, and copy data to another media, ex. DVD or external HDD.

You can back up the bitcoin installer by booting from live USB and then you can access file system of installed Linux, and copy data to another media, ex. DVD or external HDD.
Thanks very much for this CaffeineAddict! - I'm going to give this a go to see if I can rescue the situation.

UPDATE: Just coming back here with a quick update. I decided to postpone my installation: essentially the timeline reached the point where it was clear I wouldn't be ready in time. With this in mind, I turned my attention to creating a plan B.

I will return to getting my installation up and running. That looks like I'll be starting from the beginning again - nobody said it would be easy. Thanks for all your help, especially to @CaffeineAddict.

I'm not sure how is that possible but Bitcoin core is in fact 7GB in size:
Oh ...sorry, Core might be 7GB, but for my purposes (setting up a Bitcoin node) I needed to download the whole of the Bitcoin blockchain (every transaction ever made on Bitcoin) which is around 700GB - it took over a day. Thanks again

Are you able to create a new file in the same location at the same location that "bitcoind.service" file is located at. So for example something like this?
Code:
sudo touch /etc/systemd/system/test.txt

Are you able to create a new file in the same location at the same location that "bitcoind.service" file is located at. So for example something like this?
Code:
sudo touch /etc/systemd/system/test.txt
Hi, thanks for your reply!

Yes I should be able to. I have what I believe to be a working/correct version of "bitcoind.service" called "bitcoind.service.1" in the same directory.

Basically something's gone badly wrong, as Linux won't even boot up without going from a boot flash drive. This is likely down to the many changes I made in an attempt to overcome the problem. So it wasn't working and I broke it some more!!

My plan will be to start again from scratch.

Thanks again.

Members online

Latest posts