Wireless Network Adapter

Nickfromraleigh

Reaction score
Credits
I am attempting to install the wifi driver for the Linux Mint Xfce. When launching the driver manager it shows This device is NOT working. After downloading the driver it shows This device is using an alternative driver. The only way I am able to get internet is by ethernet cable only. During the driver install is completes halfway and then comes up with this screen posted below. This device is using an alternative driver. How do i get this driver to work to use my wifi wireless card? In Windows I have 0 problems with it.
PXL_20220213_154434523.jpg

Thanks

The device is using the correct kernel driver for your Wi-Fi card, try running in a terminal inxi -N and pasting back the results

forgot to ask is it a laptop?

mint@mint:~$ inxi -N
Network:
Device-1: Realtek RTL810xE PCI Express Fast Ethernet driver: r8169
Device-2: Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Wireless Network Adapter
driver: N/A

First thing is to try the manual Wi-Fi switch to make sure it is on, if it is then try uninstalling the driver and re-installing it

It will not let me select wifi. I've also attempted to install the driver several of times with no luck. Not really sure what is going.

I was talking of the physical Wi-Fi switch [it is either a separate switch on the machine or a combination of other keys, see the handbook]
oh, another thought, try this terminal command... sudo modprobe -a 8821ce

Staff online

Latest posts