Solved Which linux package to install

Solved issue

Zade

Reaction score
Credits
I want to know what packages needs to be install for a particular command to run.like to run clear command a package name ncurses is needed.I knew a site which used to tell the package name for all Distro of linux but I couldn't remember anymore .Can somebody mention the site/s.I was very simple site enter the command and hit search. It would show distros along the package you need to install side by side. It would be very helpful and thank you

i don't know of a website that does this, but there is the command command-not-found: https://unix.stackexchange.com/a/530415

Code:
pip
Command 'pip' not found, but can be installed with:
sudo apt install python3-pip
command-not-found pip
Command 'pip' not found, but can be installed with:
sudo apt install python3-pip
thank you bro you solved it as soon as I read your thread command-not-found is the site itself.Well I'm new to community I wanna ask is there anything else I am supposed to do after my query is solved? like close it from somewhere or add a tag solved something like that

you are welcome. that seems like a great site thank you for sharing it.

at the top right of your first post there should be three dots and a downward pointing arrow. if you click on that and then "Edit thread" there should be a place to the left of the title that says (No prefix). if you click that, there should be an option to mark it Solved.

Staff online

Members online