Where is the infernal syntax error in the following mysql> statement?

gregaryb

Reaction score
Credits
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON . TO 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'wCN5zhYx5R6004zg';

1699339348367.png

What syntax error is it whinging about?

All these attempts generate syntax errors....
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON . TO 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'wCN5zhYx5R6004zg';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON . TO 'debian-sys-maint@localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'wCN5zhYx5R6004zg';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON '.' TO 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'wCN5zhYx5R6004zg';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON '*' TO 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'wCN5zhYx5R6004zg';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * TO 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'wCN5zhYx5R6004zg';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON % TO 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'wCN5zhYx5R6004zg';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON 'find_a_tradie' TO 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'wCN5zhYx5R6004zg';

So how do you do this?
This would be so much easier with a proper GUI that hides all the vaguieries of these differences in syntax used by different setups.
This is the problem I am trying to solve:

1699346882288.png

Last edited:

The following also does not work for me no matter what password I use.

1699343843093.png

Niether the password I entered when I installed it.
Nor the password in the .conf file.

For newer versions ( mariabd vs mysql ) try this...

SET PASSWORD FOR 'root'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('new_password');

View attachment 17224
What syntax error is it whinging about?

All these attempts generate syntax errors....
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON . TO 'debian-sys-maint@localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'wCN5zhYx5R6004zg';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON '.' TO 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'wCN5zhYx5R6004zg';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON '*' TO 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'wCN5zhYx5R6004zg';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * TO 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'wCN5zhYx5R6004zg';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON % TO 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'wCN5zhYx5R6004zg';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON 'find_a_tradie' TO 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'wCN5zhYx5R6004zg';

So how do you do this?
This would be so much easier with a proper GUI that hides all the vaguieries of these differences in syntax used by different setups.
This is the problem I am trying to solve:

View attachment 17227
remove the quotes from the local host part. like this....

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON . TO 'debian-sys-maint'@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'wCN5zhYx5R6004zg';

you better be sure on that password. I never enter passwords that way.

Staff online

Members online