What was your favorite version of Windows (if any)?

What was your favorite version of Windows?

• Pre Windows 95 (including MS-DOS which I know isn't Windows)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Windows 95

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows 98

• Windows 2000

• Windows ME

• Windows XP

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Windows Vista (yeah, I know)

• Windows 7

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Windows 8.1 (skipped 8, of course)

• Windows 10

• Total voters
I just pulled down two "important" updates for Windows 7 last night. Of course two others failed to download and I didn't even try for the dozen or so optional ones (which have been out there taunting me for several years).

I guess MS is still looking out for us. :)

Or still trying to disambuguate their product.

The most stable version. So far, Windows XP and Windows 10 have by far been the most stable versions I've used.

I'll have to throw my hat in the ring. XP was the first version that actually impressed me. Win 7 was ...okay... Just my 2¢

I'll have to throw my hat in the ring. XP was the first version that actually impressed me. Win 7 was ...okay... Just my 2¢
Yep Windows XP Home or Professional was damn hard to beat imo.

I didn't care for Windows 7 either although used it.

Windows 10 was better than Windows 8.0 / 8.1, Wife used them,
I used them when I had to.

3.11, 98SE, XP, and 7 were all okay for the time. Even 10 is okay after I manually uninstall everything that it will allow (which doesn't take too long after a fresh install). Or this tool can be used to debloat both Win 10 and 11. (Thanks @Emanate Presence for that tip!)

Windows is just another distro to me, but one that I don't use as much. Windows still has purpose because, thankfully, Linux is different. I would prefer Linux to remain different, but the demand seems to always be to make them more alike, and more compatible. Between WINE and WSL, they may get there one day. :eek:o_O

Hello OpenBSD! ;)
Good summery of Windows OSs.
I've also used the Windows debloat tool.

Linux for the most works for what I do on my computer.

I've recently had to force myself to use Google Chrome to access certain State and Government websites.
When using Linux these State and Government websites were not accessible using Linux.
Can't quite figure out why Google Chrome can gain access onto these State and Government websites using Linux.

So yes Windows OSs have a purpose for some things like it or not.

I'm not a Windows OS hater nor do I have anything against Microsoft.

I don't care about the politics of Microsoft or how Microsoft runs its business as some of the Linux users on forums seem to do.

At my age life is to short to worry about what OS is being used.

Staff online

Members online