Vivaldi 6.5 released

I guess the biggest gripe I have With brave and FF is you need a 1/2 dozen extensions to do the same thing Vivaldi can do without them.
FF is my everyday browser, and I only use 3 extensions: NoScript, uBlock Origin, and Privacy Badger. This gives me the best possible results on Cover Your Tracks... Vivaldi doesn't achieve that. Neither does Brave, as I recall. Maybe both would succeed if you disable JavaScript, but no one does that... for good reason.

NoScript does exactly that (disables JavaScript, but gives options on which scripts to allow)... it breaks almost every web page that I visit, so this setup is shunned by most folks as "too strict" or "too hard" to set up and maintain. All I can say is, privacy and security take effort, there is no such thing as a free lunch, and no one offers a perfect one-size-fits-all solution. It takes 3 browsers to keep me happy at the moment, each with its own settings and purposes.

we have choices and each can find their comfort level
Exactly. :cool:

Regardless of that fact, it has sufficient 'credentials' to be included in the Linux Mint repository, as a Flatpak
I'm not very familiar with Flatpaks, and maybe it's time for me to learn! But I will guess that Mint's Software Manager pulls this app from the Flathub repository, doesn't it? In other words, I don't think the Mint team (Clem, et al) do any official vetting of these Flatpaks... and it's the choice of the user to trust Flathub (or not)... similar to the trust needed by a user for Ubuntu PPA's. Or is Flathub a "third party repository" more similar to RPM Fusion for Fedora? Maybe I'm wrong... it would not be the first time. ;)

I'm not very familiar with Flatpaks, and maybe it's time for me to learn! But I will guess that Mint's Software Manager pulls this app from the Flathub repository, doesn't it? In other words, I don't think the Mint team (Clem, et al) do any official vetting of these Flatpaks... and it's the choice of the user to trust Flathub (or not)... similar to the trust needed by a user for Ubuntu PPA's. Or is Flathub a "third party repository" more similar to RPM Fusion for Fedora? Maybe I'm wrong... it would not be the first time. ;)
this It's foss page gives the basics about flat packs.

I tried it once but didn't like it...such is life.
t2608.gif