Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd, 2017 please sign up again. Thanks!

1. More ways to get the info! - we shoot all of our new original content out as well as random messages on Twitter and our newsletter!. Twitter | Newsletter
    Dismiss Notice

USB device enumeration failure in windows 10

Discussion in 'Single board computers' started by Vini Gajjar, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Vini Gajjar

Vini Gajjar New Member

Hello folks,

I have been working on a "up squared" board running ubuntu 16.04 LTS with kernel version 4.15
    The board has an OTG 3.0 USB, which I want to use in device mode using the g_mass_storage driver.

The problem I face is the up squared board is successfully detected as mass storage device in Linux and
    Windows 7 machines . But the device fails to be recognized in windows 10.

In detail.
    The device fails at the enumeration process, as when the host systems asks for usb_device_descriptors ,
    in the enumeration process, the bLength and bDescriptorType are returned "0" from the device side.

Thus, the device is reported as "Unrecognized" which the user is notified about.

I'll be glad if you folks can help me with this

(Log in to hide this advertisement)

Thank you,

Attached Files:

2. wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz Super Moderator
    Staff Member Gold Supporter

G'day @Vini Gajjar and welcome to linux.org :)

This question is beyond my paygrade but you might have to explain a little more how it relates to being a Linux question?

Have you tried the folks at https://www.tenforums.com/ ?

Cheers and good luck

Chris Turner
    wizardfromoz