UPGRADE LMDE5 TO LMDE6

Brickwizard

Reaction score
Credits

I am running it now on my I5 quad core desktop, looks like it may take a while [ 6 mins in and still running timeshift]
W ill let you know if it works for me later [now cooking brekki while it downloads]

Last edited:
I have it running on a separate SSD.

Started with the beta some weeks ago

Upgraded from the beta to the full release with the following commands in Terminal:

Code:
apt install zstd yt-dlp
apt remove gnome-font-viewer youtube-dl
NOT SURE IF THESE COMMANDS ARE WORTH USING>>>I ENCOUNTERED PROBLEMS LATER, AND HAVE CHOSEN TO DO A FRESH INSTALL

Runs like a champion, once fresh installed.. Solid, Stable Dependable.

Last edited:
First attempt failed, I have some application/software it didn't like, need to find it and remove before starting again

OK so I found the problem with apt sources Debian tried the rm command and re-boot, this failed, after a few mins of head scratching went into software sources and changed the Debian mirror, started the process again, and WHALLA off she went 50 mins later I am now on LMDE6, there were a few problems with my upgrade [I needed to keep some depleted dependencies for my printer and other bits] , now need to run update+upgrade. That will only take a couple of minuets.

Just finished updating my 13 yr old laptop [spec below] it took 75 minuets, no problems at all

Machine:
Type: Portable System: Dell product: Inspiron 1545 v: N/A
serial: <superuser required>
Mobo: Dell model: 0G848F serial: <superuser required> BIOS: Dell v: A14
date: 12/07/2009
Battery:
ID-1: BAT0 charge: 38.6 Wh (100.0%) condition: 38.6/57.7 Wh (66.8%)
volts: 12.5 min: 11.1 model: Sanyo DELL 00 status: full
CPU:
Info: dual core model: Pentium T4500 bits: 64 type: MCP arch: Penryn rev: A
cache: L1: 128 KiB L2: 1024 KiB
Speed (MHz): avg: 1200 min/max: 1200/2300 cores: 1: 1200 2: 1200
bogomips: 9177

Members online