Unable to connect bluetooth earphones

aineshsinha

Reaction score
Credits
I'm unable to connect my bluetooth earphones with my laptop. The earphones are being detected, as indicated by their names showing up in the bluetooth devices list. However, when I try connecting to them, nothing happens.
(PS: This is my first post here, I just made an account, so if there are any norms not followed, my bad :) )

when you try to connect to them, I assume you are using the graphical interface. That has a on off switch on the window. When you switch it on does the switch turn blue and stay that way? or does it try and then drop the connection?

when you try to connect to them, I assume you are using the graphical interface. That has a on off switch on the window. When you switch it on does the switch turn blue and stay that way? or does it try and then drop the connection?
I did try using the graphical interface at first, but that wasn't working so I switched over to the command line. Using bluetoothctl and its corresponding pair and connect functions the devices do connect but only sometimes.

maybe this will help:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/239209/no-sound-from-bluetooth-headset-but-its-detected

also sometimes it may be necessary to manually edit config files e.g. /etc/asound.conf, play with pavucontrol
In my case, the device is detected with no issues, but the connection isn't made. As I've stated above, I switched to using the command line but that doesn't have a 100% success rate either, sometimes the connection is made and sometimes it isn't. My laptop often attempts to pair with it like how you'd pair with a phone, wherein a pairing code is displayed on both devices.

Staff online