Theory on why there is no sound on some of our laptops

jwallsfx

Reaction score
Credits
So hear me out. I have a new Zenbook S OLED and its amazing. However, I have the sound issue where I only have sound coming from the headphones but not speakers.
This seems pretty common on New laptops. I installed Pop and Ubuntu both on it and had same issue. Took same ISO file and installed it on an old thinkpad and a gateway laptop from Walmart. The Zenbook is the only one with sound problems. I have spent days going through multiple fixes, patches, etc. Nothing is working. It works out of the box on the other two laptops just fine though.
The speakers are Harman Kardon so its either something with Zenbooks(most of the threads I have read had Zenbooks) or something with third party speakers or anything "premium audio". The gateway and thinkpad have standard no-name speakers and work fine. Thoughts?

This was one of the first things I tried. I have literally went through one thread after another on this issue with BOTH Ubuntu and Pop. Literally probably 60ish different threads. TONS of different things. I gave up and returned it.

Members online

Latest posts