The Ham Radio (and Related topics) Discussion and Question Thread

I used to repair some electronics when it could be repaired and put back into service.
In the old days electronics surplus parts stores were everywhere.
Nowadays electronics surplus parts stores no longer exists or don't where I live.
I hate ordering electronics repair parts online you never know what you're going to get until it's delivered.

I used to repair some electronics when it could be repaired and put back into service.
In the old days electronics surplus parts stores were everywhere.
Nowadays electronics surplus parts stores no longer exists or don't where I live.
I hate ordering electronics repair parts online you never know what you're going to get until it's delivered.
yeah, if I'm just tinkering to create new circuits and stuff. I will order the cheap Chinese components off Amazon, eBay, or Esty. If I'm repairing something or building something I intent to use. Digikey, Mouser, McMaster-Carr, or Antique Electronics Supply are my normal goto places on the Internet.

Most of my hobbies are cyclical. (including ham radio) Once I get bored with one, I will go to the next and I eventually make my way back around. The only one that isn't cyclical is my career related stuff. (like Linux and infrastructure)

Most of my hobbies are cyclical. (including ham radio) Once I get bored with one, I will go to the next and I eventually make my way back around.
Yeah I get bored with hobbies and drift away from them although seem to drift back to them eventually.

Members online