Spacewalk installation

Sylwiaa

Reaction score
Credits
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install spacewalk for RHEL 7 (this is my first time) and I can't handle with it. Is there any step-by-step instruction what to do?

I've started with creating VM, used Virtual Box and rhel 7 image, set up environment with desktop version. When I'm trying to install yum-plugin-tmprepo there's an error saying that there's no available plugin.

Please help

It's better to use Satellite now days if you are using Rhel, you can also just install the foreman which is the project satellite is based on.

But if you still want to install it, just follow the provided instructions.

It's better to use Satellite now days if you are using Rhel, you can also just install the foreman which is the project satellite is based on.

But if you still want to install it, just follow the provided instructions.
Thanks for Your answer. I just want to try spacewalk at first, maybe then I'll use Satellite.
I followed that URL but just stopped at the beginning - section 'Setting up Spacewalk repo', and line with yum install yum-plugin-tmprepo. Do you have any idea why is that and where is the problem? Maybe some firewall configuration?

On CentOS7 it's available, can you show the output of the following commands?
Code:
yum repolist
subscription-manager status

Is spacewalk still around? I thought it was discontinued a while back.

Is spacewalk still around? I thought it was discontinued a while back.
I thought so too and it seems it still is.
That's why I recommended Foreman, although the installation still works but I wouldn't recommend installing it since it won't be getting security updates.
2022-04-01_17_33_52.png

Last edited:
On CentOS7 it's available, can you show the output of the following commands?
Code:
yum repolist
subscription-manager status
There's only epel repo available and subscription-manager status is unknown. During installation i haven't seen any place to fill it with RH subscription credentials.

Your system isn't registed to Redhat CDN, also as @dos2unix mentioned Spacewalk is End of Life and not supported anymore, use the Foreman instead.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online