SOLVED: arch upgrade error

SeanK

Reaction score
Credits
Hi All,

I have tried upgrading Arch and ran into this problem. I did trying restoring the system using Timeshift but the problem, oddly still remains. Any suggestions much appreciated.

27/727) checking keys in keyring [#######################################################################################] 100%
downloading required keys...
:: Import PGP key B8AC08600F108CDF, "Jan Alexander Steffens (heftig) <[email protected]>"? [Y/n] y
:: Import PGP key 244740D17C7FD0EC, "Leonidas Spyropoulos <[email protected]>"? [Y/n] y
:: Import PGP key 001CF4810BE8D911, "Jakub Klinkovský <[email protected]>"? [Y/n] y
:: Import PGP key F6D84143496F6680, "Campbell Jones <[email protected]>"? [Y/n] y
(727/727) checking package integrity [#######################################################################################] 100%
error: zlib: signature from "Levente Polyak (anthraxx) <[email protected]>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/zlib-1:1.3.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] y
error: minizip: signature from "Levente Polyak (anthraxx) <[email protected]>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/minizip-1:1.3.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: perl-glib-object-introspection: signature from "Fabio Castelli (Muflone) (VBSimple) <[email protected]>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/perl-glib-object-introspection-0.051-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

SOLVED: Just needed to upgrade the key ring:

sudo pacman -Sy archlinux-keyring

Last edited:

SOLVED: Just needed to upgrade the key ring:

sudo pacman -Sy archlinux-keyring
That is why partial upgrades are not supported. Do not use:
  • pacman -Sy [I]package[/I]
  • pacman -Sy followed by pacman -S [I]package[/I] (Note the absence of -S[B]u[/B] in the installation of the package.)
  • pacman -Syuw (Note that pacman -Syuw does imply the same risks like pacman -Sy, as it will update the pacman sync database without installing the newer packages.)
When refreshing the package database, always do a full upgrade with pacman -Syu. Note that if pacman -Syu does not perform the upgrade because of an error, the end result is the same as running pacman -Sy. Therefore, the error must be resolved and the upgrade operation completed as soon as possible.

Members online

Latest posts