Siri/Alexa for Linux

dos2unix

Reaction score
Credits
This is an article I recently read.

So I went ahead and installed it. It's not bad. As good as Alexa at least. It does take a little training and setup.

Disclaimer: If you install the gtts part.. then it can send what you say to Google. But you don't have to use the gtts module.
In fact the best part about this, is it can be run completely contained on your PC. No cloud required.
I tested this by unplugging from the internet... and it still works. (Obviously there are some things you can't do without
the internet, like open URLs, and download files).

I'm still playing with it. But if you're bored and have nothing else to do...

While there is an effort to protect people's privacy, I'd still rather do everything manually, simply because I like being a DIYer. Lets say I come home from a long day of work and want to play music to relax. If something goes wrong in the process, then I have to fix it, and that makes me even more cranky. On top of that, I love playing physical media because I love having control over the media I consume, so even if I were to have it play music, I still have to manually put the disk or USB in. In that case, I might as well go all of the way by opening up my music player and clicking play.

A while ago, I played around with something similar:
1657601186843.png

I also tried some other similar project, but don't remember its name, so I can't find it.

Members online