Screen resolution without X11

CptCharis

Reaction score
Credits
Hello everybody.
Is there any way to adjust my screen resolution without use of xrandr?
Actually I am running an Alma Linux server without GUI inside VMWare and I want to adjust my screen’s resolution to 1920x1080 but xrandr is not running without X11.
Any ideas ?

Thank you people.

If you are running a server without gui than X11 isn't installed you will just have to change your vm settings to full screen and if that isn't enough you will have to try some other things, see the following article.

If you are running a server without gui than X11 isn't installed you will just have to change your vm settings to full screen and if that isn't enough you will have to try some other things, see the following article.
Nope dear,
I have done all this. I think I am missing something more fundamental.
Since there is not a window manager, I can’t use any tool such as xrandr. We r ok so far.
xorg-server is installed I think I need to start window manager but this is not what I am looking for.
I want to adjust resolution of tty.

Nope dear,
I have done all this. I think I am missing something more fundamental.
Since there is not a window manager, I can’t use any tool such as xrandr. We r ok so far.
xorg-server is installed I think I need to start window manager but this is not what I am looking for.
I want to adjust resolution of tty.
Why are you calling me dear?

So you have configured the display/monitor settings correctly of the vm in the vm settings, as the article also mentions? If you want to configure adjust the tty resolution you will have to do that in grub.

Members online