red hat 9 with windows 8

If you have a legitimate copy of Redhat and a Redhat account why not ask Redhat?

If you install Redhat you may find that you are asked to enter your RedHat account to get updates.

If you don't have a Redhat account you might be better to use CentOS which is the free, (almost) clone of Redhat.

If you have a legitimate copy of Redhat and a Redhat account why not ask Redhat?

If you install Redhat you may find that you are asked to enter your RedHat account to get updates.

If you don't have a Redhat account you might be better to use CentOS which is the free, (almost) clone of Redhat.

Thanks for the reply. I haven't purchased red hat 9 yet, i thought it would be a good idea to ask someone first to see if it is possible. The bios on this laptop is something i will have to double check but it should have enable/disable secure boot option. After that, all i have to worry about is a virtual drive.

He'd have a hard job installing RHEL 9... the next release will be RHEL 7. The current stable release is 6.

Red Hat 9 was the last Red Hat release back in '03 - if you want to run a Red Hat system then you're looking at fedora.

If you have to ask questions like this and want to install on a laptop, then you probably don't want to run RHEL anyway.

Yeah I'd recommend researching distros a little more closely, many people hear of the popularity of Redhat and want to install it, but its called RHEL (Red Hat ENTERPRISE Linux) for a reason. Unless you're running or designing a network for a large business or corporation, you'll have no need for RHEL. If you want RHEL-compatible systems there are free alternatives, but if this PC will be for personal use you may be better off with other alternatives

http://distrowatch.org/