Python pandas library installation, PATH problem

JakeJake

Reaction score
Credits
Hi to everyone,
I have Pycharm editor on my Debian, and I needed to install on it the Python library called Pandas.
I tried to install the library with the command "pip3 install pandas" but in the end of the process the output warned me about this "The scripts f2py, f2py3 and f2py3.7 are installed in 'home/myname/.local/bin' which is not on PATH.Consider adding this directory to PATH..." so after a research on the web I added the folder with these scripts to the PATH.
Now if I run the command "echo $PATH" it returns the directory 'home/myname/.local/bin' among the results, but if I try to run a script that needs the pandas library the pycharm editors returns me "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pandas'".

I do not understand. What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance

I don't have any experience with pandas, but I do use Pycharm.

If you are using Pycharm and using a project within Pycharm. It usually uses virtual environments with venv. If that is the case and you want things to be available to your project within Pycharm, it's best to use the terminal within Pycharm to install pandas within the virtual environment.

1633049471235.png

If you want pandas installed globally, then you would do it from the Linux cli which is sounds like you already did.

Not sure about your current install or path, but you can run "sudo updatedb" and then type "locate f2py". (if you get an error running these commands, you install to install the Linux package mlocate.

Hope that helps.

Members online