Problems Mounting Partitions

Muggins

Reaction score
Credits
I have just installed Mint 19 Cinnamon. I then decided to move the /home to its own partition. Using Gparted I created 3 more partitions. One was set as a swap, the other two as Fat32.
Three problems. The swap partition loses its ‘Swapon’ at reboot. How does one make it ‘stick’.

The second partition was set to /home/andrew/Backups. It is locked. According to 'Its FOSS' I needed to change the ownership from 'root'. I typed at the terminal
sudo chgrp adm /home/andrew/Backups/77E3-CD79 (77etc is the Uuid, as per FOSS)
chgrp: cannot access '/home/andrew/Backups/77E3-CD79': No such file or directory.
I then typed
sudo chgrp adm /home/andrew/Backups

chgrp: changing group of '/home/andrew/Backups': Operation not permitted. Any ideas for an old newbie.

The third partition was mounted at /home. The system generally failed presumably by conflicting with the original partition mounted at /. How does one remove the original /home?

Code:
sudo gedit /etc/fstab

and for each partition add
Code:
uid=1000

Like this:
Code:
UUID=88FCD635FCD61CEE /media/rado/Drive_D               ntfs    errors=remount-ro,uid=1000 0       1
UUID=5A93C910764F713C /media/rado/Drive_E               ntfs    errors=remount-ro,uid=1000 0       1

This should unlock them all. But don't do that for swap, cuz idk what the effect would be.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts