Problem with server on/off randomly

B

Brandon Doyle

Hello,

For some reason I can SSH into my server sometimes but most of the time I can't. I don't know why it's doing this. I restarted it for the first time in ~month a week ago and when it turned back on my website didn't come up for about five minutes, but then it did, and then it disappeared again and all but a few times since it's never come up. I can't figure out what's going on. Perhaps some of you can help?

Brandon Doyle

Hello,

For some reason I can SSH into my server sometimes but most of the time I can't. I don't know why it's doing this. I restarted it for the first time in ~month a week ago and when it turned back on my website didn't come up for about five minutes, but then it did, and then it disappeared again and all but a few times since it's never come up. I can't figure out what's going on. Perhaps some of you can help?

Brandon Doyle

By the way, the domain pointing to my server is bjd2385.com. I can't ping my server at that address however, which is strange...

Brandon

I just pinged bjd2385.com and I did find an IP address. But there was no response. Traceroute gave the same results. If I had to guess I would look into the logs..maybe a service is not starting? Can you confirm the IP address given by ping is the actual address of the server? Are the routers setup properly? Did they change?

I also noticed that the registrar is Godaddy. Have any IP address changes been made on the settings panel? (I use Godaddy also)

I ran whois by the way. ;)

Yeah, I have yet to change that stuff with them, i.e. the whois lines. When I renew next year I'll get that as well. I'm not too worried about it because nothing terribly important is on the server anyway, just a few HTML files.

Yes, the IP resulting from pinging is the same as the IP of the server, so they're being sent to the right place I just can't tell what is up with the server itself. Verified that the ports are open, but I cannot SSH into it for some reason, which is strange.

I'll check the logs and get back to you.

Brandon

Members online