Please, How to unboot USB on Manjaro!

Lifebook

Reaction score
Credits
Please i install Manjaro, but i will install now different Linux OS, how can i unboot my manjaro and boot Lubutnu or Linux Light ot Peppermint i have this instructions from different post where i ask for the lightest, most simple OS but yet developed programs for it and stable i do not want nothing like interface or...but browsering and libre office for example of course to be on desktop environment, they suggest to me Lubuntu, Linux Lite one man say Peppermint is very developed and light...
Can you Instruct me Step by Step how to unboot and how to boot USB on Manjaro XCFE..!

Thank you!

G'day Lifebook, Welcome to linux.org

There is no need to do a special procedure......Just install the new Linux OS straight over the top of the old manjaro

The new installation will wipe the manjaro. There will be no bad effect.

There is no need to do a special procedure......Just install the new Linux OS straight over the top of the old manjaro

Can you instruct me step by step, what you mean install directly on PC or on flash drive... please brief step by step.

I appreciated it!

Thank you!

PLEASE! MY QUESTION IS HOW TO STEP BY STEP UNBOOT THE USB!??!?

THANK YOU!

CONFUSION !!!!!

I am not understanding you
You are not understanding me

Please tell us from the beginning what you are trying to do

Then tell us what steps you have already done

I know this is frustrating

I am wih manjaro i want to unboot my USB but the so cold ''dd comand" is not working.

With Windows it happened with command promompt fast.

Here is terminal but how to unboot it ?!

How can i unboot my usb and install the Lubuntu!?

I appriciate your support

Thank you!

There is no such thing as “unbooting the USB”

do you mean you want to remove Manjaro from the USB ?

OR, do you mean you want to take manjaro off the USB so that it does not boot anymore ?

yeas i want to remove what is on the USB - bootable Manjaro is now , and install lubuntu

dd comand is not working... how to remove bootable manjara like reformat the USB and boot it with Lubuntu while i am still on Manjaro!

Thank you!

So......if you pull the usb out.......does Manjaro stop working ?

i was installing manjaro, no manjaro now is my only OS on PC and it take the USB too iwant to remove it the right way and boot with the LUBUNTU, pleaseee! :)

Ok....understood. !

There are a number of apps which will "burn" the Lubuntu OS onto your usb

Once it has done that then you boot the pc to the usb stick

There is no need to format the usb....the app will do that automatically

I do not have a great knowledge of Manjaro and how it handles software.

Give me 10 minutes

Try this to install Balena Etcher

Arch Linux / Manjaro (GNU/Linux x64)

Etcher is offered through the Arch User Repository and can be
installed on both Manjaro and Arch systems. You can compile it from the
source code in this repository using balena-etcher. The following example uses a common AUR helper to install the latest release:

Install
yay -S balena-etcher

Uninstall

yay -R balena-etcher

(This information is from : https://github.com/balena-io/etcher#redhat-rhel-and-fedora-based-package-repository-gnulinux-x86x64)

This page should help you work out how to use the etcher app. There are FAQ's at the bottom of the page

Look at the response from the Manjaro OS

[lifebook@fujitsu ~]$ yay -S balena-etcher
bash: yay: command not found

dd comand is not working, this too... why their is now command for it?

Etcher is the repositories

@Lifebook run

Code:
sudo pacman -S etcher

Sorry gotta go for the night

Wizard

Once you have Etcher installed, launch Etcher and select Lubuntu from the drop down list and it will put the .iso image of Lubuntu onto your usb flash drive.

Than go into your BIOS and make sure that your usb flash drive is the first choice selected in your boot menu list.

Save the changes in the BIOS and upon doing so your machine should Reboot and boot into the usb flash drive with Lubuntu on it so you can install Lubuntu.

Staff online

Members online