Partition Error

Kristan

Reaction score
Credits
I have a 20TB drive full of files which i took out of my server prior to wiping it to a factory debian install. This disk only includes video files however when putting it into the fresh distribution and looking at lsblk it shows that it has no partitions.

I have thrown this onto my lc and checked with the software easeUS patroon recovery and all my data is there except with test disk and parted i can’t seem to recover the partition. I don’t really want to pay for the recovery software so is there anything else i can do?

To be cleared i never deleted the partition is just vanished
regards

I have a 20TB drive full of files which i took out of my server prior to wiping it to a factory debian install. This disk only includes video files however when putting it into the fresh distribution and looking at lsblk it shows that it has no partitions.

I have thrown this onto my lc and checked with the software easeUS patroon recovery and all my data is there except with test disk and parted i can’t seem to recover the partition. I don’t really want to pay for the recovery software so is there anything else i can do?

To be cleared i never deleted the partition is just vanished
regards
Sorry to hear that you are having trouble recovering your partition.

One thing you can try is using the "gdisk" command-line partitioning tool to scan for the lost partition. You can install it by running "sudo apt install gdisk" in your Debian system.

Once installed, you can run "sudo gdisk /dev/sdX" (replace "sdX" with the correct device name for your 20TB drive) to launch gdisk. Then, type the "x" command to enter the expert menu, followed by "e" to detect existing partitions.

If gdisk finds your lost partition, it will display a warning message and ask if you want to load the backup partition table. Respond with "y" to accept and then write the partition table to disk by typing "w".

Please note that this method is not guaranteed to work in all cases, but it is worth a try before resorting to paid recovery software.

Members online

Latest posts