Solved Nothing is printing

Solved issue

g-ferraz

Reaction score
Credits
I am using Linux Mint Virginia and an issue has come up where I cannot print anything. I had even set up a printer driver to print directly to pdf, so I tested to see if the document would even print that way(to file) and it will not... so it is obvious that the printer itself is not the issue, but something on my linux system. I do very basic things, and do not change anything other than installing the latest updates. I don't think it would be a result of anything I could have done, so I wondered if a recent update could have a bug in it. I tried timeshift to bring me back to when the printer last worked, but I'm still having the same problem... any ideas?

Also, I was able to print a test page from the trouble-shooter, but not the document that I wanted to print itself...

Here is a log from using the trouble-shooter...

Attachments

• troubleshoot.txt
    52.6 KB · Views: 72
what is the model of the printer?
Some Hp laser printers need a plugin to work properly.

I figured it out. It had to do with the printer settings: set to print even pages and I was trying to print an odd page. Sorry to waste your time...

I figured it out. It had to do with the printer settings: set to print even pages and I was trying to print an odd page. Sorry to waste your time...
Glad you found the problem :) Please mare thread as solved

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts