Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd, 2017 please sign up again. Thanks!

Need advice on distro differences LAMP-wise

Discussion in 'Ubuntu' started by papakota, Jun 5, 2015.

1. papakota

papakota Guest

Hello!
    I've got Ubuntu Desktop 14.04 and I plan to install LAMP on it. One of my friends (he uses SUSE) has this nice video course here: LinuxCBT SLES-10 Edition
    My question is if I can borrow and follow along its lessons in regards to configuring (NOT installing -- that I would do myself) Apache directives, change Apache's config files etc.
    That's the main thing that interests me, but in your answer you can also touch other aspects that you see as relevant to my question.
    Thx!

1 person likes this.
  2. ryanvade

ryanvade Guest

I am not to familiar with the differences between Ubuntus Apache and SUSEs Apache. I doubt they are different enough to cause any significant issues with the tutorial. However, you could switch to OpenSUSE which is free and almost certainly uses the same Apache configurations.

1 person likes this.
  3. papakota

papakota Guest

Thanks for your reply! Yes, I might as well try OpenSUSE after all...

4. Yesyesloud

Yesyesloud Guest

Beware, you may get a lot of different advice from the Linux community as to changing your LAMP hehe...

2 people like this.
  5. ryanvade

ryanvade Guest

:p

6. Wyght

Wyght Guest

Try using your friends video course, there is tons of 'free' help for LAMP on-line if you get lost grab that and then go back to your friends course. Have fun