Move from Brave Flatpak to brave.deb // KeepassXC addon doesn't recognize KeepassXC

tinfoil-hat

Reaction score
Credits
Hi there,

I have installed Bravebrowser via Flatpak and I wasn't able to get KeepassXC Browseraddon to recognize my KeepassXC Application. Because of that I want to move my userdata in the folder that the .deb would recognize, without loosing any data.

- Any help appreciated

Why move from the native package to the Flatpak version if it was working before? You can try installing Flatseal(graphical permission manager for Flatpaks) and give both KeepassXC and Brave access to your home directory.

Last edited:
Why move from the native package to the Flatpak version if it was working before? You can try install Flatseal(graphical permission manager for Flatpaks) and give both KeepassXC and Brave access to your home directory.
I have given Brave access to my /home via flatseal. But somehow my brave keepassxc addon doesnt connect to my database

But somehow my brave keepassxc addon doesnt connect to my database
It's a browser addon not the actual application, I missed that? So you are using this i.c.w. with Brave as a flatpak?

Last edited:
I came across this, try applying it to Brave instead of Firefox and also a Github topic.
I don't understand this Solution :(

I don't understand this Solution :(
From my understanding if you have Brave installed as a flatpak you also need to install KeepassXC as a flatpak, then run something like the following.
sudo flatpak override --filesystem=xdg-run/app/org.keepassxc.KeePassXC org.keepassxc.KeePassXC.BrowserServer com.brave.Browser
And it has a few steps where it shows you how to verify it, if you can run Proxmox server you can surely figure this out.

From my understanding if you have Brave installed as a flatpak you also need to install KeepassXC as a flatpak, then run something like the following.

And it has a few steps where it shows you how to verify it, if you can run Proxmox server you can surely figure this out.
Sorry, I tried to reproduce this solution and basicially could verify, that I did as indended. But I cannot connect to KeepassXC Browser addon, I tried "Connect / Verbinden" and Refresh the DB. My Keepass has browser support enabled and I tried a reboot

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto vom 2023-11-30 21-34-18.png
    Bildschirmfoto vom 2023-11-30 21-34-18.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 85
  • Bildschirmfoto vom 2023-11-30 21-37-37.png
    Bildschirmfoto vom 2023-11-30 21-37-37.png
    37 KB · Views: 80
What distribution are you using?

What distribution are you using?
LMDE6. I tought maybe it's worth a try to move Braves files to the location, an .deb installation would search for info, deinstall the flatpak and install the .deb instead

Looks is an issue that everyone is having and that it's a Chromium problem and both are still open.

Isn't there a possibility to copy userdata from flatpak path to .deb path?

You can try that not sure if that will solve your issue, user-data for flatpaks are usually located under $HOME/.var/app and then in the application folder somewhere, you would then have to copy the correct files to correct location for the deb file which will probably be under $HOME/.config somewhere.

Dont take this as biblical, but can you simply copy the .config file/s from whatever you have installed right now (flatpak) and paste it to the new install ? ....It is hugely possible that I am talking out of my hat here, as I have never needed to do anything similar

Edit to add:...It just occurred to me that I keep an exported file of my passwords manager in safe storage.....and I am able to Import it into a fresh extension/add on if that is necessary

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts