mouse cursor lag on 4 k tv screen

Ricardas

Reaction score
Credits
Im using debian lxde, mouse very laging. I use 50 inch 4 k tv lice monitor. Wat can i do?

I suggest 3 possible solutions in order of preference:

1. Connect your mouse to USB 3.0 port (blue port) [black port is 2.0, and white port is 1.0]
Greater standard (version) means grater speed but you mouse should support it or otherwise it falls back to lower standard.

2. Change mouse DPI to higher value, at least 2K or so.
The option must exist on the mouse itself (small button) or otherwise it doesn't exist.

3. Change PCI-e latency timer to higher value, the default is 32 CPU cycles.
The option is found in UEFI

You can download a cursor theme that is 36 x 36 or larger.

For my Debian 12 Mate install I went to mate-look and downloaded the cursor I wanted.
Untared the tar.gz and moved it to the /usr/share/icons directory with root privileges. From there I went into the Settings and selected the new cursor.

I suggest 3 possible solutions in order of preference:

1. Connect your mouse to USB 3.0 port (blue port) [black port is 2.0, and white port is 1.0]
Greater standard (version) means grater speed but you mouse should support it or otherwise it falls back to lower standard.

2. Change mouse DPI to higher value, at least 2K or so.
The option must exist on the mouse itself (small button) or otherwise it doesn't exist.

3. Change PCI-e latency timer to higher value, the default is 32 CPU cycles.
The option is found in UEFI
Thanks, but not works

You can download a cursor theme that is 36 x 36 or larger.

For my Debian 12 Mate install I went to mate-look and downloaded the cursor I wanted.
Untared the tar.gz and moved it to the /usr/share/icons directory with root privileges. From there I went into the Settings and selected the new cursor.
Thanks, but not works

Is it a wired mouse, or a wireless mouse with a wireless adapter?

I have no mouse lag issues on my 43" LG UHDTV on all desktops I used, including XFCE. I'm using a 48px Breeze cursor on Plasma with 200% display scaling on X11.

Members online

Latest posts