Loading from iso USB stick - observations

Status
Not open for further replies.

anneranch

Reaction score
Credits
I generally do not stare at the progress of installing from iso file , but...
1. It takes more time to find installation options / paertitions when 3TB disk is used
2. It takes noticeable time to "update grub" on same size of disk
3. The "fresh install " to formatted partition "prepares for removal " and "removes "
many files , some language specific stuff
REMOVES from where ?

4. After install and "reboot" the UEFI setup timeout is nowhere what is optioned.
5. When I finally get the artist picture of rhino few seconds later I get the "folders"
icons and after more , few seconds the "desktop" icons.
By then I am asleep...

These are just observations, not really issues to write home about
The Ubuntu version was omitted to protect the guilty.

What do you mean exactly by "loading from USB stick? Do you mean running the OS from the USB in live mode? That tends to be slower.
Regarding your observations:
1. Is it an HDD or SSD?
2. Same as above.
3. Don't understand that.
4. UEFI timeout must be set in BIOS.
5. Artist picture?

3) During any install the Linux OS will remove any unneeded packages from the install - these are usually removed from the tmp install directory which your machine does not need or require to run - like languages, drivers and such
5) rhino - are you referring to Rolling Rhino? which is a tool to convert Ubuntu Desktop, and the official desktop flavors, that has been installed from a daily image into a "rolling release" by opting into and tracking the developmental series. This is a script which does cause some extra time to boot sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts