linux distro choosing

J

jeferson

on your opinion what is the best linux distribution for somewho which is trying to program out-of-the-box, doing some innovations, and want to try work with open-source software, do you know well flexible, open and featured systems for this purpose?

I would look at Linux Lite 2.4.
It's a wonderful distro. Easy to install and setup, but with the potential to learn and grow.
Another one would be Ubuntu Mate 15.04.
Debian 8 is also out and that is more for advanced users, but give it a shot. The beauty is you can try them all :)

Mint and Ubuntu as well..... :) Welcome, good sir!.... :3

I'd also suggest spending a little time to try out many different distros. You'll go further, faster when using the tools that are most comfortable for you.

Linux Mint is completely out of box ( i mean all soft are already there).
Try not to think much time what distro to use. Just pick, install and use.
Which distro to use depends on your goals:
If you want to just install and all is already should be there with no configuring - Ubuntu or Mint.
If you want to learn linux - try to install 'pure' Debian without any desktop environment. And then install soft by your choice. The system will be very clean if you do so. And you will learn basic commands. If it is difficult for you - just install Debian with any desktop environment you choose, you can install 'pure' distro in future when you will think that you are ready.
How to install 'pure' debian - google it and search tutorials on youtube. I am sure you will find, if you have enough power of will.

Members online