Linux-based operating system running in live mode from a usb flash drive with i2p

dalzielmiller

Reaction score
Credits
Hi all. I recently came across this problem: I need a Linux-based operating system running in live mode from a usb flash drive with i2p. I learned about such a system as tails, but it turned out to be an unpleasant detail. All traffic in it is encrypted through Tor. Is it possible to disable tor in tails or replace it with i2p network? Or is there another live amnesia distribution without Tor?

I will follow this topic with great interest.

For those wondering what i2P is...:
I2P
The Invisible Internet Project is an anonymous network layer that allows for censorship-resistant, peer-to-peer communication. Anonymous connections are achieved by encrypting the user's traffic, and sending it through a volunteer-run network of roughly 55,000 computers distributed around the world.Wikipedia
Original author(s):I2P Team
Initial release:2003

Is it possible to disable tor in tails or replace it with i2p network?
Even if it is possible, this is a very bad idea. Both Tor browser and TAILS are designed specifically to prevent users from being identified using fingerprinting.
Take a look at this.

Use a Open source VPN service and setup i2p in your browser, that's much better than changing source code of Tails.

Tails uses systemD as the init system and it contains some proprietary blobs. This is actually based on you r threat model, so you have to choose and research what you want to use. Just in case, Tails is not enough for you,

And Nomad BSD.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts