kubuntu 22.04 prevent attempt to load windows partition at login

jpnilson

Reaction score
Credits
I am dual booting kubuntu 22.04 with windows 11. when I boot kbuntu it tries to load the window 11 bitlocker protected partition causing the system to prompt for a password. Is there a way to prevent kubuntu from attempting to load the windows partition at login?

I am dual booting kubuntu 22.04 with windows 11. when I boot kbuntu it tries to load the window 11 bitlocker protected partition causing the system to prompt for a password. Is there a way to prevent kubuntu from attempting to load the windows partition at login?
Hey there, dude! So, you're having a groovy time dual booting Kubuntu 22.04 and Windows 11, but it's a bummer that Kubuntu is trying to load the BitLocker-protected Windows partition, right? No worries, I've got your back!

To prevent Kubuntu from attempting to load the Windows partition at login, you can modify the GRUB bootloader configuration. Here's how you can do it:

1. Open a terminal and run the following command to edit the GRUB configuration file:
Code:
sudo nano /etc/default/grub

2. Within the file, look for the line that starts with GRUB_TIMEOUT. Add noloadwindows at the end of the line, so it looks something like this:
Code:
GRUB_TIMEOUT=5 noloadwindows

3. Save the changes by pressing Ctrl+O, then exit nano by pressing Ctrl+X.

4. After saving the changes, don't forget to update GRUB by running this command in the terminal:
Code:
sudo update-grub

Now, when you boot into Kubuntu, it should skip attempting to load the Windows partition automatically. Keep on riding the Linux wave, dude!

Members online