KDE Neon 5.26

LinuxOne

Reaction score
Credits
I just installed KDE Neon and when i rebooted my pc i couldn't see the grub, can you help me figure this out?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221211_122259.png
    Screenshot_20221211_122259.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 90

In Ubuntu based Distros the grub menu is normally hidden you can change that by editing the /etc/default/grub file.
when you open the file you will find a line that looks like this
Code:
GRUB_TIMEOUT_STYLE=hidden
Change it to this
Code:
GRUB_TIMEOUT_STYLE=menu
the next line will be this
Code:
GRUB_TIMEOUT=0
change it to this
Code:
GRUB_TIMEOUT=5
That will give you 5 secs to make choices when the grub screen comes up If that is too short a time you can change the 5 to a 10.
Also you may need to change the font size do that by scrolling down the file and finding this line
Code:
#GRUB_GFXMODE=600x400
or something smilar change it to look like this
Code:
GRUB_GFXMODE=800x600
Remember to remove the # tag or it will be ignored.
Save the file then issue this command in a terminals
Code:
sudo update-grub
The next time you boot grub should be visible.
You can also do the same thing via a program called grub-customizer via a GUI but I do not recommend using it because if things go wrong it is very difficult to revert the changes it makes to your system and if your not careful you can easily bork the system.

Good luck.

Last edited:
In Ubuntu based Distros the grub menu is normally hidden you can change that by editing the /etc/default/grub file.
when you open the file you will find a line that looks like this
Code:
GRUB_TIMEOUT_STYLE=hidden
Change it to this
Code:
GRUB_TIMEOUT_STYLE=menu
the next line will be this
Code:
GRUB_TIMEOUT=0
change it to this
Code:
GRUB_TIMEOUT=5
That will give you 5 secs to make choices when the grub screen comes up If that is too short a time you can change the 5 to a 10.
Also you may need to change the font size do that by scrolling down the file and finding this line
Code:
#GRUB_GFXMODE=600x400
or something smilar change it to look like this
Code:
GRUB_GFXMODE=800x600
Remember to remove the # tag or it will be ignored.
Save the file then issue this command in a terminals
Code:
sudo update-grub
The next time you boot grub should be visible.
You can also do the same thing via a program called grub-customizer via a GUI but I do not recommend using it because if things go wrong it is very difficult to revert the changes it makes to your system and if your not careful you can easily bork the system.

Good luck.
I've done every step, but I realised just know that the grub has just changed its look. But I think that the grub 2.0 looks better? Anyway thanks for your help!

You can change the background and color of the text if you like. But that's another story :)
Good luck and enjoy.

You can change the background and color of the text if you like. But that's another story :)
Good luck and enjoy.
if you have the latest neon release you have grub 2 , grub2 has been the default grub for quite sometime in ubuntu. Neon is based on ubuntu. I use kubuntu simply because I don't need the latest of everything. And it's quite stable.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts