Is PopOS sus?

TerminalDisease

Reaction score
Credits
not seeing much on here about popOS/// is it super top secret or more like the laughing stock of the Linux family? Any good way to compare packages? Like for instances, I have one particular Linux unit and want to see all its components compared to another distro. also besides the man page is there any other reliable command documentation with relatively short summary of command info.

not seeing much on here about popOS/// is it super top secret or more like the laughing stock of the Linux family? Any good way to compare packages? Like for instances, I have one particular Linux unit and want to see all its components compared to another distro. also besides the man page is there any other reliable command documentation with relatively short summary of command info.
popOS is mostly directed to people that are new to Linux and that wants ease.

ok

History… Pop is produced by ststem76 for use on their own brand of office computers, it is currently based on Ubuntu, early editions would only run on system 76 hardware as it only contained the drivers required for their systems, With over 500 different builds of Linux available, many of them good to very good it is not unsurprising that many do not get a mentioned very often

I will add to what Brickwizard has said. That PopOS is Ubuntu with a new tiling desktop added. They are working on a new Desktop they are building from the rust programming language. Which should be interesting to see when released. but PopOS is geared toward their own products. And does not at this time bring much new to the table. It's been touted in some circles as a good gamers Distro. But most people who come to Linux come for other reasons. And find the Distro that works for them.

If you really want to know more see here.

Last edited:

Members online