installing linux

janielynn

Reaction score
Credits
im interested in installing Linux I have a nextbook flex 10 I need stepm by step instructions I have no current os

G'day @janielynn and welcome to linux.org :)

I have to leave for my evening in Australia shortly and you may be catching zzz's if you are US-based.

Someone else will be along - but be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed (well-rested) before you embark on this trip.

Let us know:
  1. How are you communicating with us?
  2. Is that a Lenovo Netbook Flex 10 and do you have a model number?
  3. Figures like RAM (memory in GB), space on HDD - hard drive if you know them or we can look up once we have model number
  4. Any particular Linux? (there are hundreds)
There will be other questions.

Have a read of
and these may be of some use for you to begin with.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

G'day janielynn, and Welcome to linux.org

Is this your flex 10 ?....I am asking so we will know what the specs are...eg hard drive size (32 or 64 GB ?)

etc etc.......it runs windows 10 , so it should have ample power.

may I ask why you are switching to Linux ?

have you used Linux before ?

have you looked at any of the Linux distributions (operating systems)...most often called 'distros' or OS)

Can you tell us what you use the flex 10 for....Just normal browsing, YouTube, pics, music, videos .etc etc.??.....tell us if you use it for anything unusual or specific.

This will give us an idea which OS to recommend for you

We crossed beams Brian - that's dangerous :)

it just says nextbook intel inside model number nxw101qc232 I was looking at maybe Linux mint not sure I want the easiest method

I actually bought it at a flea market I dont know much about it it says preparing automatic repair then comes back with error code oxc0000001 im interested in Linux simply because I been hearing a lot about it I just waned to try something new I don't do much on the internet download stuff burn music stuff like that

Members online

Latest posts