Installing Linux Mint Again_ Part Deux

Sherri is a Cat

Reaction score
Credits
So now I"m going to install LM to the bigger drive in my tower. I got everything I need on the drive so it's ready for Linux.

I have two questions about this installation.
Is it possible to copy the install I just did to my other HDD?
Can I install Linux on a different drive from the desktop I'm in right now? Wait I think I know the answer to that one.
If so, should I stay off of my computer while it installs? I've been without a computer for so long that I don't want to have to wait for 2TB to be erased and then an installation of Linux Mint.

Wow! I'm really tired now! I guess I need to go sleep.

I'm going to get some peanut butter cookies tomorrow. If I didn't live 25 miles from town I'd go get some right now. Actually everything in this God forsaken place is closed. I would have to drive 35 miles to cookies. I'll just get up extra early in the morning so I can have them as soon as possible.

Is it possible to copy the install I just did to my other HDD?

Yes, but only provided you do it fresh.

Timeshift.

You prep the target drive by formatting it to EXT4

Identify (in GParted or GNOME Disks) on the existing install, the 2 TB drive

Create on the 2TB drive an ESP (EFI System Partition) of 512 MB formatted as FAT32 - doesn't matter whether it is first or 2nd, at the start of the drive or the end of the drive.

In the existing install, launch Timeshift and choose the Snapshot you have made/will have made

Restore it to the 2 TB drive.

On completion, reboot and you're done except for cleaning up.

Yes, but only provided you do it fresh.

Timeshift.

You prep the target drive by formatting it to EXT4

Identify (in GParted or GNOME Disks) on the existing install, the 2 TB drive

Create on the 2TB drive an ESP (EFI System Partition) of 512 MB formatted as FAT32 - doesn't matter whether it is first or 2nd, at the start of the drive or the end of the drive.

In the existing install, launch Timeshift and choose the Snapshot you have made/will have made

Restore it to the 2 TB drive.

On completion, reboot and you're done except for cleaning up.

I'll have to do it tomorrow after I get my cookies.

I'm pretty tired. Probably too tired to do that now. I'll start formatting it now. It should be done when I wake up. I'll check on it on my out to get those cookies.

Nite

Members online