Installation Problem

rbtiger

Reaction score
Credits
I tried to install lmde in my new laptop. When I choose to boot lmde it showed me this and I don't even know how to get out of here.

By the way, I have watched tons of linux related videos though I am a new desktop or laptop user.

Please help me.
IMG_20231116_125542.jpg

Welcome to the forums

Why Linux fails to load/install direct to HDD, common reasons
1] Corrupt download [check SHA sum]
2] bad burn to installation medium [try again] [if you used Rufus then try Balina-etcher]
3] Wind 8.2 and higher quick start/fast boot or secure boot not disabled [doesn't normally apply to older versions]
4] defective pen-drive/dvd
5] hardware fault,
5A] If old style HDD run integrity check
5B]if SATA SSD check for hidden partition at the beginning of drive [this will stop Grub from loading] and delete it before re-installing Linux
If M2.NVMe check, your system is NVMe compatible [not all older kit is]

check 1 to 4, 5 not applicable to new machines.

I used balina etcher and it says ZSTD-compressrsd data is corrupt.
Can you please tell me how to get out of that screen. I really don't know. So I am stuck there

Can you please tell me how to get out of that screen. I really don't know. So I am stuck there
Nothing has been installed, I normally just re-boot [take out the pen drive first]

it says ZSTD-compressrsd data is corrupt.
Sounds like a corrupt download [ZSTD is compression of the main kernel]
did you download the correct ISO for your machine [arm for machines with ARM processors, AMD for all others]
it may be you NEW lappy is too new and some drivers may not yet be available, but I suspect the integrity of your download

select the nearest mirror site to your location and try again [from the list at the bottom of this page.. https://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=308]

Nothing has been installed, I normally just re-boot [take out the pen drive first]
I was trying to get a fresh installation I don't know how to reboot in this page it just doesn't work no matter which ever key I press to reboot.
I searched how to get out of this page, it doesn't work.
I took out the pendrive but it doesn't change anything.
It alright to let battery dry out of charge and do something later ?
I really don't know what to do to do?

take out the pen drive disconnect any and all cables, press and hold the power button down for 60 seconds, release and switch on

Staff online

Members online