Installation problem

Fredrik

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,
I've made a BIG mistake.
From within Manjaro, I formatted my hard drive
Then I tried to install Manjaro from a DVD.
This did not work and I recived below:

Entering rescue mode
grub rescue>

Have I ruined Master boot record on my hard drive or?
What shall I do to be able to install Manjaro?
Kind Regards,
Fredrik

Hi @Fredrik, and welcome! I'm not quite clear on what happened... are you wanting to try to go back to a previous install of Manjaro (or something else)? Or do you just want to start all over from scratch? Do you have Windows on the hard drive also.... and if so, are you trying to keep it?

I don't think that you would get the grub rescue> prompt from the DVD.... I think it would come from the hard drive. If that's the case, there are some tedious steps you could take that might get your old Manjaro system working again. This article is a little old, but it still describes very well those tedious steps needed to fix grub.

But if it doesn't matter, and you just want to erase the whole hard drive and install Manjaro, you should be able to do that from the DVD once you boot on it. This is the fastest and easiest thing to do if you don't mind erasing the drive and losing whatever data was there before the problem. You may need to hit some special key when the computer is booting so that you get a "Boot Menu" that will let you select the DVD drive.

Cheers

Members online