I would like to know a linux distribution wich have ability to force readwrite privileges on harddrive despit unclean filesystem

mzoltan32

Reaction score
Credits
also i came accross this problem in xubuntu and kubuntu as well where i would delete a previously made windows partition i would partition half of it for / mount useage as root partition and another half as mounted to /winpart folder for later utility.. and as i install i found lost and found maps plus that this partition is read only as well.
i was doing some minimal settings with fstab umask and on remount it writes that some variable things are incorrect (i wasnt writing it down).

is there a linux distribution wich doesnt do these sort of shenanigans?

G'day and Welcome @mzoltan32 to the world of Linux.
To be honest I have no idea as I am just learning this system myself but mayhap I can draw attention of fellows that are more experienced than I.
@stan , @Alexzee @JasKinasis Hey fellas can you assist in this as I don't know but mzoltan32 has made me curious so I too want to know. :D

is there a linux distribution wich doesnt do these sort of shenanigans?
No. These aren't "shenanigans." The lost+found folder is an important and integral part of a Linux filesystem, and you will have one in every partition and Linux filesystem you create. You can't delete this folder. See this article for more details.

Since your /winpart partition sounds like you may want to share with Windows, you could format it with a FAT32 or NTFS filesystem to eliminate the lost+found folder, and Linux could still use that.

Last edited:

Members online