I want to run proteus on ubuntu

K

Kashyap Mandaliya

Recently, I tried to install proteus 8 through WINE but the installation isn't working properly. So in which software of linux i can open my saved proteus file and can able to edit it.

Lemme look up Proteus really quick..... :3 Sit tight, good sir!..... ^^

Recently, I tried to install proteus 8 through WINE but the installation isn't working properly. So in which software of linux i can open my saved proteus file and can able to edit it.
Whoops....... :) I typed PORTEUS in the Search Engine, but I SHOULD have typed "Proteus" XD Ok, then..... *Ahem*..... :3 Proteus is a CAD Program, am I right.....? So..... You were able to install it, but it wouldn't start up..... Let me test this guy's Copy of Proteus really quick..... :)

Assuming that the Proteus in question is the CAD software for circuit design, there are several programs available for Linux that are similar:
KiCad, Fritzing, Eagle and gEda are four common ones that I can think of offhand that should be in the repos of most distros.

As for whether any of them support the loading of Proteus files, I couldn't say!
It probably wouldn't hurt to try installing a few of them and see whether any of them do. It might also be worth looking up the websites for the four programs named above, along with any forums/mailing lists for users of those programs to see if any do support whatever file formats are used by Proteus. Even if Proteus files are not supported by default, there might be a plugin created by users in the community that will allow the loading of Proteus files.

And if there is no support for Proteus files whatsoever, you might be able to use another windows machine with Proteus on it and export your Proteus files to a more universally supported file format.
e.g. Export your designs to .dxf and then import that into one of the alternative programs.

Thankyou mahn ^_^
Crap... :( I forgot to get back to you..... :( Yeah, it failed, needless to say..... Though it SEEMS that Wine can RUN it, but I'm not sure how..... :\ Nevertheless, it seems you have your problem solved!..... That's grrREEEAAT!!!..... :3

Members online