Solved i have errors installing pls help

Solved issue

hi guys soo i managed to boot into ventoy in the bios mode
installed arch everything went gud until i rebooted cuz for some reason my pc wont boot grub and just gives me no system or disk error i do think that is bcz i was trying to install it in bios mode alongside win10 that i installed in efi mode*
yes i know dual booting is a terrible idea i was doing so to see if everything is gud cuz i didnt want to risk my pc going without an OS so i was just trying having in mind if everything went in a good way imma just delete the windows partition and add the space to the arch ones
can you guys help???

i thank you all guys for giving me some of your time to help me i has recently found linux (1 month) and i decided to switch but i had errors i didnt have time to loke for solutions cuz for some reason 8th grade teachers give you 1million homework for one day (especially math) but now because of youre help i might have the possibility to breath new life to my new pc again thank you all :)

gud !
gud that the problem is solved :) at last..
now mark it as solved !
There is a button at the very start of your thread
Admins will very pleased if you do that
See ya!

Later edit: @newguy I read too fast.. both replies. So.. a wrong verdict due to fast reading :oops:

Last edited:
gud !
gud that the problem is solved :) at last..
now mark it as solved !

No, it is not solved. @Disabled please do not post if you cannot help, or have difficulties translating and following the thread. You will do more harm than good. Thank you.

@newguy , although you have said that you know how to install Arch the hard way it is clear that you cannot, because you are experiencing difficulties with the BIOS/Legacy/UEFI situation.

I would suggest that you consider installing either of antiX or MX-Linux, or similar, after having first made sure the BIOS is set to UEFI, and have the installer install it alongside Windows. If you do that, Linux will make use of the Windows UEFI System Partition already in existence, it will share it.

Another alternative if you have the budget, is to purchase more RAM. Your computer can support up to 8GB RAM, and that is enough to have a greater choice of Linux distributions.

Hope this helps.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

installed arch everything went gud until i rebooted cuz for some reason my pc wont boot grub and just gives me no system or disk error i do think that is bcz i was trying to install it in bios mode alongside win10 that i installed in efi mode*
although you have said that you know how to install Arch the hard way it is clear that you cannot, because you are experiencing difficulties with the BIOS/Legacy/UEFI situation.
I have to agree with what @wizardfromoz said, if you're installing a dual-boot you can't install one os in uefi mode and the other os in bios mode because the boot mode is set in the the computer's firmware(bios or uefi or whatever you want to call it). Unless you mean something else or forgot to share some information that might make sense of what you are saying?

guys now my problem is 100% solved

for some reasons when i install grub in arch everything goes gud until i reboot
for some reasons the efi file is not installed
i tried installing fedora (i gave it 10 gigs swap)and it worked
so it was a boot mode problem after all
@Disabled thx for showing me how to mark this forum as solved :)
and thank y'all for help

thx for showing me how to mark this forum as solved :)
;)
:)
Thx god you didn't bought those 8GB of memory, what "the wizard" prescribed ...:cool:
It could ruin yours or parents pockets...
What I mean is.. today to buy DDR2, is like a gamble in witch you will have like 10-15% chance to get your money back in case
wont work with that HP motherboard or other mobos.

If you like and really...really want to install Arch(alongside W10) in legacy mode, you have to know something...

• First you have to "prepare" BIOS. The boot option mode must to be set to Legacy only mode or Legacy and UEFI mode
  • You can access bios by hitting(more then one time) the F9 key after the Laptop starts
  • After setting that option, you have to hit F10 then OK..to save your configuration
  • Under boot section normally.. should be the setting for Legacy and UEFI mode option.
  • Now understand that...windows 10 will always create a GPT partition scheme(UEFI). By "default" it will do that...
  • But... if you chose custom ;) it will do the trick, meaning you will be able to run Arch with no problems
  • The trick is.. to "force" W10 to create a MBR partition scheme aka running in Legacy Mode
  • To do that, during the installation process or steps.. use only Disk Management Tool, Custom, Advanced --> MBR
  • Just don't follow the... next, next, next, next aka default way of installing.

So you have to reinstall windows and then Arch install.
For you as a new to Linux, I will say.. forget the hard way, for the moment..
Take a look at Garuda Linux or EndeavourOS, both are based on Arch and have a easy "to handle" installer.
I think Garuda is faster but, important is to chose a light desktop environment, because you have only 2GB of memory.

Good luck and see ya next time

PS: @wizardfromoz - I don't need to translate(keep that in mind) and drop the please, is distasteful.

@Disabled The below is distasteful, obnoxious and pertinently, inaccurate.

Thx god you didn't bought those 8GB of memory, what "the wizard" prescribed ...:cool:

I prescribed no such thing, I offered the OP a choice - subject to budgetary constraints, to allow him more choices with distros to try. Last I heard, that is helpful.

I also pointed out the BIOS/Legacy/UEFI issues, and the OP now has an installed Fedora, more kudos to him. :)

If you wish to insult or make disparaging remarks to senior Staff, especially after only one month as a Member, you could find yourself taking a leave of absence from the site for a month or so, without notice, while you attempt to moderate your attitude.

Friday here in Oz so

Avagudweegend all

Wizard

Members online

Latest posts