I cannot get Bluetooth to work from boot without enabling the service every time

FatDroid

Reaction score
Credits
I cannot get Bluetooth to work correctly on Arch despite the fact it works using commands. It worked perfectly fine when I got the laptop and it was running Windows, and I can get it temporarily working after starting the service with the command
Code:
sudo systemctl start bluetooth.service
. I don't want to have to type a command in every time I turn the laptop on - I'd prefer it just worked.

When I try turning bluetooth on I get the message:
"Bluez daemon is not running, blueman-manager cannot continue. This probably means that there were no bluetooth adapters detected or bluetooth daemon was not started."

Installed on the system is: bluedevil (Unsure if this is BT or not), blueman, bluez, bluez-libs, bluez-qt5, bluez-tools, bluez-utils.

Using
Code:
rfkill
I can see that everything is listed as unblocked, and I don't know what other information to provide so Ill provide everything else when asked.

Thanks

It is now yes, however this isn't the problem - I can do this whenever but after a reboot I get the message that bluez-daemon is not running so I have to enter this command at every reboot/power on. Id like to know why it doesn't just run at startup like it did when it had Windows on it (at purchase of course I know better than that haha) and what I can do to change this. I don't yet know enough about Arch to change this myself

t is now yes, however this isn't the problem - I can do this whenever but after a reboot I get the message that bluez-daemon is not running so I have to enter this command at every reboot/power on.
sudo systemctl enable bluetooth
That command enables the service to start at boot, so next time you reboot your system it should start the service up during system boot.

That command enables the service to start at boot, so next time you reboot your system it should start the service up during system boot.
Thank you, that seems to have solved the problem! So if it does the same again in the future as I suppose this could be a possibility, what would be the cause of this?
I have seen a couple of posts searching for the solution stating that the .cfg file for the Bluetooth controller is switching its auto enabled state from true to false without any input from the user. Is this a known issue with Arch or Arch based distro's?

Members online