HP printer misaligned

gillsman

Reaction score
Credits
Hi,
I have a HP2130 series printer which prints slightly off to one side hence the first letter of any word on the left of the page is missing, I am aware of the HP realignment page that requires scanning to realign however I can't find how to print that page.
If I search on the system for printer there is a utility that pops up showing my printer & right clicking the printer & selecting properties takes me to a box with the option to print a test page but his test page is not the realignment page, I have attached the page that is printed for & it can also be see how it's off centre.
So the question is how do I get an alignment page to print without actually putting new ink cartridges in please.
The system is Linux mint 20.3 xfce with HLIP installed
Thanks

Attachments

• Scanned Document.pdf
    633.3 KB · Views: 252

go menu
all applications
Printers
local host page [select your printer]
click help
select troubleshoot
follow through the pages, to check the installation. And try a test page alternative adjust your margin

Hi,
I have a HP2130 series printer which prints slightly off to one side hence the first letter of any word on the left of the page is missing, I am aware of the HP realignment page that requires scanning to realign however I can't find how to print that page.
If I search on the system for printer there is a utility that pops up showing my printer & right clicking the printer & selecting properties takes me to a box with the option to print a test page but his test page is not the realignment page, I have attached the page that is printed for & it can also be see how it's off centre.
So the question is how do I get an alignment page to print without actually putting new ink cartridges in please.
The system is Linux mint 20.3 xfce with HLIP installed
Thanks
go menu
all applications
Printers
local host page [select your printer]
click help
select troubleshoot
follow through the pages, to check the installation. And try a test page alternative adjust your margin
Thank you. I will try that after dinner & let you know how it goes.

from a terminal what does this command do: hp-align

this is what it did for me . Have you got "cups" installed ?

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2022-05-02 17-49-51.png
    Screenshot from 2022-05-02 17-49-51.png
    785.9 KB · Views: 176

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts