How to remove ubuntu and Install Windows 7 ?

M

Melloweiss

How can I remove ubuntu and install windows 7 ? it seems that ISO file can't be unmounted on linux OS.

Hi,

After considering your query I just only suggest you that follow below steps:

Step 1 Take a back up all the files and folders, when you install windows your computer get format.

Step 2 Now insert your selected Windows OS disk and reboot your computer.

Step 3 Press any key from your keyboard to boot the computer from the disk. In case if you are not prompted, press “Esc” or “F12” before the Ubuntu uploading screen is reached to boot menu. The key will vary which is based on your computer manufacturer. Select “CD-POM” as your boot choice.

Step 4 For license agreement Press “F8” and continue the installation.

Step 5 Now delete the Ubuntu partitions and choose one partition at a time and press “D” for deletion after that press “Enter” to confirm. The partition will show you the list format on the main partition screen. finally, if you wish to delete all Ubuntu partitions, delete every partitioned drive.

Step 6 It's time to create a new partition for installing windows. After that the section which is entitled as “UN-partitioned Space” should be highlighted, for creating a new partition in that portion Press “C”. Now you can use the default drive size & press “Enter” to create.

Step 7 Press “Enter” to install Windows on your computer where new partition space is created & select “Format NTFS” as your format option.

Step 8 At last you only need to enter your license key when there is any prompt. Choose your time zone, computer name, & network settings

I guess whatever the info I try to convey you regarding your query may help you and if you need more info for the same Let me know!!

I guess whatever the info I convey you regarding your query may help you and if you need more info for the same Let me know!!

Just install Windows above linux, like it is nothing there. Don't forget to format partition with linux ( windows will do it for you. i think).

@McMurphy Please look at the date of the original post. You are replying to something written in April...

@McMurphy Please look at the date of the original post. You are replying to something written in April...
Yo! arochester, i know it! But people who have the same problem might read it. I am answering for them. I am sure that you did the same thing it in your past.

Members online