Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd please sign up again. Thanks!

How many hours do you spend on your computer everyday?

Discussion in 'General Computing' started by kreso93, Mar 26, 2012.

1. dogma68

dogma68 Guest

My computer is rarely turned off. for the past 10 years, my pc has always been on, maybe in 2 weeks its off for about 5-10 hours and that's it. I play MMO's so I need to have it on when vending, farming or power leveling even when I am at work.

2. Victor Leigh

Victor Leigh Guest

That sounds like what I sometimes do when I have finished my online work and have already done my levelling in WoW. I would google at random. Sometimes I do come across some gems on such walkabouts.

3. I normally spend about seven hours a day on my computer to watching films, reading forums and playing online games.

4. Snrm

Snrm Guest

I spend way too much time in front of the computer! Mine would probably be 5-8 and most of that time is just spent playing games or other non-productive activities. I wonder how much time in my life I have spent in total on the computer.

5. offspringftw

offspringftw Guest

I waste a lot of time on my computer. Pretty much all day when we have no school or homework. The bad thing is that none of the stuff I do is actually useful. I usually just play games, surf/browse, reddit, etc.

6. cluckis

cluckis Guest

I spend about 4-8 everyday, but that's really just browsing or playing TF2. Also, some days it's less considering if I have any other plans.

7. AnonaMoss

AnonaMoss Guest

If ever source of internet counts i'd say about 8 hours per day and if it's based on my laptop, then I spend about 5 hours a day online. It sound so long when written down, but the time quickly passes.

8. animaguy

animaguy Guest

I have a day job 6 days a week but during that time zI surf the web with my Android. At night and on my day off I am either out with friends or alone learning about computer stuff.

I guestimate around 4 to 8 hours a day or more.

Sent from my HTC Status using Tapatalk 2

9. keylogger

keylogger Guest

i have spend 10 hours daily on my pc.

10. ljepilo

ljepilo Guest

Lets just say that I'm spending more time on my pc than I should. I'm a student,father and I know I should be spending less than 3-4 hours per day,but I'm actually doing 7 hours per day ,which is really bad... :/

11. GGGuardian

GGGuardian Guest

I generally spend about 4-6 hours a day on the computer doing various things. But overall I really can't complain technology is getting more advanced everyday and I am a very technological person I'm hooked on the new gadgets and toys that come out everyday and I tend to spend more and more time playing with them.

12. ljepilo

ljepilo Guest

Being 6 hours on pc will get you nowhere. You are just gonna loose your eyes like I did, and now I gotta wear glasses every day :S....

13. mudrock

mudrock Guest

Since I am looking at a computer all day at work, I will generally spend about 6 hours at work on the computer. When I get home, I'm usually working on my website trying to build more traffic so I spend about 3 hours doing that. I never have a problem with headaches or anything like that since I have good sitting posture and exercise daily.

14. pane-free

pane-free Guest

Did that 8-10 hr/day thing for five years before I burnt out. Average about 4/day, now -- sometimes more, sometimes not at all.

15. ljepilo

ljepilo Guest

8-10 hrs per day is way too much :O...

16. mudrock

mudrock Guest

I think it will depend on how far you are away from the computer you are looking at and many other factors.

8-10 a day can be bad, but their hasn't been any study linking to serious injury or anything like that.

17. boyce

boyce Guest

I spend 7 hours at my work and 2 hours at my home and total i work 9 hours in a day.

18. forestplay

forestplay Guest

Too many. I work at a computer all day, 7+ hours.

At home, I use the computer for my web business, probably 2 more hours.

I try to eat, sleep and exercise in the remaining hours of the day.

-Bob

19. AnonaMoss

AnonaMoss Guest

I made it a goal of mine to cut computer hours this month, and i've been doing pretty well. Unless I am working, I spends about two hours per day on the computer. I used to spend way too much time doing things that wasn't important.

20. Victor Leigh

Victor Leigh Guest

Just two hours? That's fantastic! In just two hours, I haven't even finished reading all the latest news online. I presume you don't use your computer to make a living.