how do i download linux??

Unia485

Reaction score
Credits
when i press the download thing it just says thank you amd ask questions here. please help

Which version are you trying to install? A screenshot might be useful, too.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums x 2. :)

Did you press the button at the top of the screen on this website, next to "Members" and "Newsletter"?

That should bring you to a page listing various distributions.

Before doing the "shell" game with that, however, I suggest you do some research. Because checking out an operating system shouldn't be taken lightly. It must be installed, not just tried out in a virtual machine, because "your mileage might vary" as is said a lot in the U.S.A. One person's failure might become another's pleasant surprise. Take things one distribution at a time; do not live life in one day.

There is a lot of information out there. Sadly there is a lot of stuff configured in rumors and in reports which aren't completely true. There are many opinions, such as mine, that shouldn't be taken so literally.

I don't like recommending a Linux distribution to anybody. But many people in this community seem to be using Fedora, Ubuntu or Linux Mint. Just ask if you have a concern about it. But you have to understand one important thing: Linux is not just like Windows! It is not like MacOS neither. "Everything" is supposed to work on a computer which has either one of those other two pre-installed. With Linux, a (very) few things might not work well on your machine such as screen brightness, touchpad or printer. But that's what technical forums are for, right? To work things out.

G'day Unia, Welcome to Linux.org

What @wendy-lebaron has said above is quite true.

I will add to that with the download link for the many and various Linux available here:

Have you selected which Linux you want to use ?

Please tell us.

Also, tell us which pc you are using...version, model number, hard drive, ram, etc

Members online

Latest posts