Hotkeys involving Altkey+LMB does not work as intended...

Borgensgaard2

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, I have a strange issue, that someone hopefully can help me find an answer to..

I play around in Blender and Unity at the moment, but hotkeys involving Alt+LMB seems to react sort of "outside" of Blender or Unity, because instead of my desired command gets executed, I get to manipulate the whole window of the program around on my screen... - Which wasn't what I was aiming for...

In Blender, I want to ring-select some loopcuts, and in Unity, I want to rotate the cameraview.. - Instead I in both situations grab the whole program and starts dragging it around on the screen.. - What is it that takes over? Somebody knows, please?

And thank you! :)

Not sure what to suggest, but basically what is happening is that your desktop/wm is intercepting and processing the alt-lmb combo’s so the software never gets them.

You could go into your desktops settings for keybinds/keyboard shortcuts and bind different key combos to those bits of functionality in the desktop/wm.Or disable/remove the DE/WM level shortcuts that are interfering.
maybe set those to use the windows key and lmb instead?!

That way, those alt-lmb combos will be ignored by the wm and will make it through to the software.

Members online