Solved Host unreachable

Solved issue

Danbor

Reaction score
Credits
Hello all. Just encountered a, to me, puzzle and as I was already logged in here I thought I'd see if anyone has an idea what's up.
Ok, I have two desktops and a laptop, all running Mint Cinnamon. All have been successfully networked for about a year.
I haven't had the laptop powered up for a few months and thought it was time to fire it up and update the system. All went well in that regard. Now for the issue.
The laptop still has two way traffic with the Lenovo. The Lenovo still has two way traffic with the laptop. The Lenovo still has two way traffic with the MSI. The MSI still has two way traffic with the Lenovo. The MSI can access the laptop. I use SSH to connect all three. and both the Lenovo and the MSI can transfer back and forth with the laptop.
However, the laptop cannot connect to the MSI computer. When I ping the MSI from the laptop, I get this error message - icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable.
The only change of any account is that, earlier today, update manager suggested I upgrade to 21.3 which I did with no problem. I don't think this is the issue as there's no connection problem between the MSI and the Lenovo.
Any ideas off the top of anyones head?

I already had a favorite for the MSI in the file manager on the laptop. Clicking on that is what let me know there was a problem as I recieved a "not found" message. I can't remember the exact wording. That's when I tried the ping command.
What is the syntax when using ssh -vvv?

Ok then. On a whim, I tried connecting again. Working flawlessly.
Gremlins at work again. ;)

I already had a favorite for the MSI in the file manager on the laptop. Clicking on that is what let me know there was a problem as I recieved a "not found" message. I can't remember the exact wording. That's when I tried the ping command.
What is the syntax when using ssh -vvv?

ssh -vvv <host/ip>

Staff online

Members online