HELP PLEASE ANYONE!!!

D

damanofmanyskills

Ok, so this might be a little long guys. bear with me.
I have a 500g harddrive gateway ne56r41u laptop that im trying to install archassault onto with an intel b960 processor. Ok so the story is i tried the install many ways but never could get the install to boot. now im having problems getting any distro to boot up and im stuck in grub rescue> when i give it the ls command it outputs > hd0, gpt > and also my bios only has grub-legacy or uefi when i press f2 to go into boot options. im really stuck on this one guys , please help i know im a n00b.

If you are a "noob"...

a) Don't use Arch or any derivative, until you know what you are doing.

b) Why are you attempting to use a distro designed for "penetration testers, security experts and all-round Linux enthusiasts"?

3) What other OSs have you got on your Hard Drive?

ive had gnuradio liveiso, kali 1.07-1.09, the last .conf editing is giving me hell now in /etc/pacman.d/conf or whatever t f it is. anyway ended up getting it to boot but now i have no pacman updating bc of the conf files. :/

i am "user who knows enough to get things half way installed" LMAO.

Did you take the recommended first steps for Arch?

Important! Run "sudo pacman -Syy" before trying to use pacman.
It's a good idea to run "sudo packer -Syu" to update packages including AUR.

Hey, I thought I'd weigh in as well..... Arch DOES seem for others more skilled than you and I..... :) Have you been able to boot from USB.....? :) I recommend Ubuntu 14.04 as well..... If you can boot from USB, try running GParted to check what your Partitions are..... It comes with the Ubuntu 14.04 ISO..... :D Oh, you need at LEAST a 1GB USB Drive..... :)

Last edited:
I ran into a similler problem try this hop it help

I have some good info for you and how to solve it ,,, but they wont let me add any Link here

sorry cant help

good luck

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts